Wednesday 26 August 2009

SOOOOOOO NASTY!!!!

This morning, after I changed Jude's nappy (diaper), I went out to our bin (trash can) to throw it out. I was greeted by a disgusting plethora of white maggots all over the lid!!!!! Ewwwwwww, not only were they maggots, but English maggots at that. Trying to get back at me for the whole revolution tea party thing! jk So I did what any totally grossed out, yet patriotic parent would do. I went in the house, looked for my strongest cleaner (which is this case I opted for oven cleaner, and then a bit later some toilet bowl scrub and water to finish it all off) went back outside and sprayed the life out of my rubbish bin lid.
Oh how I hope, hope, hope that worked. Especially since the rubbish man collector only comes every two weeks here. EVERY 2 WEEKS!!!!! I have one whole week to go with a maggot bin. AAaaaaaaaaaaaa

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm sorry about your maggoty bucket! Yuck! I love reading about your English adventures. It looks beautiful over there. I have been running, usually 4 or 5 times a week. I've got a half marathon I'm doing mid September, and hopefully I'll keep it up after that as well. How are you doing? How's your pregnancy going? Your little Jude is look so sweet.

Staci said...

I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to see you found us and that you live in england now! Oh how I miss the days of second grade and seeing your cute face at school. Kennidy is in 6th grade now...middle school. Ugh! I love all your pictures and your son is adorable! Thanks for finding me...even if it was by mistake. Can't wait to see your cute little girl. Congrats!

ps. maggots in any country are disgusting. and i love all the english terminology. love it. i want to go to england so bad!

Anonymous said...

Eeeew Nasty. English Maggots are the worst. American ones are a lot nicer.

We Are The Greaves