Monday 24 August 2009

Waddesdon Manor

Daddy and Jude hanging out in front of a beautiful fountain. Although James was nor Jude were that impressed, I certainly was. It must be an American thing. They seem to have these kinds of things all over England.

The house had its' own aviary. This bush really reminds me of Disneyland!!!! They have things like this all over there. Maybe Disneyland got it's ideas from this Estate home. :)
\Another beautiful Rothschild Mansion built in the late 1800's as a party and art house. Not really even built to live in. Just used as a vacation home! Can you imagine building such a huge place just to use sometimes? Crazy rich people. James and I wonder why rich people don't build these cool palaces so much anymore. It is such a shame. Art and culture just don't seem to be as valued as they once were.
This is the back of the house. Isn't it gorgeous! SO fancy! I can just imagine waking up to hot chocolate on the back patio. Ahhhhh...this is the life. jk
James and Jude took a quick pic for me of them near the entrance to the home. This is where all the maids and such would be waiting for you to drive up in your carriage and welcome you home.
This is from the very front of the property. There are gardens hidden to the left and right of the home. It is a great place for a day out and a picnic with the family. We went inside the huge house, and that was lovely as well. The owner no longer lives here, but he does occasionally use it to entertain and for nice dinners. He had the Queen over in 1995. He even still buys art for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so great to see these fun pics. you guys look great. tip: ice cream lard trucks are not good for the environment...

brynne is working on tickets to come see you.

md

McGraths said...

I wish we were due the same week. Your ticker says how far along you are and mine tells how much longer I have left. I'm due Jan. 24. I wish it were a month earlier like you!!!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Wow. That house is absolutely amazing! It looks like it belongs in an old movie like Pride & Prejudice or something. I love beautiful architecture and it seems as if I would LOVE England for that very reason! It's so cool that yall go out on neat family outings like that!

Jodi said...

That is amazing that you drive to somewhere like that. England is seriously cool. We have been to London, but I have always said that I want to go back and explore more of the country. That is one gorgeous house, manor, castle, mansion? Whatever it is, it is awesome.

Ashly said...

Im so glad you found us. Now I can see what you guys are up to over in the UK. So fun!

We Are The Greaves