Monday 14 September 2009

I passed!!!!

Exactly 11 years ago this Saturday, September 19th, I passed my first driving test in America, when I turned 16. Today, 5 days before my 27th birthday I passed the English driving test!!!! I can now legally drive in the UK! Hip Hip Hooray! It is so nice to have that over and done with. To celebrate I made yummy banana bread, ate mashed potatoes and gravy, and went for a victory drive in the car all "legally" and alone for the first time! YES! Life is good. (I even took a nap today while Jude did. I tried to stay awake, but failed)

This is a picture of the "L" plate from my car being ripped in half because I no longer have to put it on the car every time I drive to let people know that I am a learner! (Even though I have been driving for 11 years of my life) My "L" Plates were magnetic and I had to attach one to the front bumper and one to the rear bumper every time I drove. "L" stands for LEARNER. I was a "learner" driver for a few months. Now I am not!!! Woo Hoo!!!!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Megan, I found your blog on Ashleigh's and wanted to say hi. Congratulations on passing the test! What wonderful news. I hope you are doing well in England! I still want to live there again... I'm trying to convince Mitch to go to grad school there, lol. He's a little worried about how much that might cost.

Best,
Shannon

We Are The Greaves