Sunday 20 September 2009

What did I do for my Birthday? Go to Costco, of course!


Jude and I eating Costco "Birthday" Pizza for lunch. Jude is not impressed with the pizza in his mouth, nor his father taking pictures of us eating at Costco. If he were older, he might even have been embarrassed by his strange parents who take pics at Costco. :)

Well, yesterday was my birthday and there were two things that I really wanted to do. Well actually more. I wanted to go to Costco (with a happy, not disgruntled and grumpy husband for once, b/c he hates Costco), have a fancy tea at a restaurant with English cakes, triangle sandwiches, scones, and crumpets (very English, haven't done it yet) and then go for a walk around the lovely lake near our home. Well, I got to sleep in, soooooooo nice, ate pancakes, then had a nap at lunch during Jude's nap. (that was the morning gone) Then, when Jude got up, we went to Costco, spent 2 1/2 hours there (it was busy) and then had to come home for dinner and bedtime. So no fancy tea or walks around the lake. The day went by way too fast, but it was still a lovely one. I hope to go to an English tea soon. I have always wanted to. It "only" costs 100 pounds per person to go to tea at the Ritz in London! I would love to go there, it is soooooo fancy, but I need that money for other things.

Oh yeah, I got my hair cut on Wednesday last week. I actually got it cut to my collar bone on Friday, a week ago, but didn't like it. So I went somewhere else and had it cut shorter a few days later. I really like it, since I only wore it in a ponytail when it was long. Now it looks like I might actually do something with it.

2 comments:

Gooch Family said...

I love that you went to Costco! Costco is one of my favorites ever! For my birthday we went to dinner and then to Target, haha. We didnt' have Bella and I didn't feel like seeing a movie so I said, "Lets go to Target." Dave totally didn't want to and I think was embarrassed that he was taking me to Target on my birthday, but I loved it because I didn't have to worry about Bella since we had someone watching her and I was able to take my time looking around at whatever, it was fun. Well I love your hair and I'm glad you had a great birthday!!

McGraths said...

Fun birthday and cute hair!!! You'll have to go to the Ritz soon for tea.

We Are The Greaves